A record of scuba-travel adventures to follow

A record of scuba-travel adventures to follow!

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Arriving on Infinity


After almost thirty hours of traveling I final made it to Infinity! First mate and dive instructor Menno along with Zoe, Kila and Sarah met me at Santo Airport yesterday evening. From there it was a short cab ride to the Beachfront Resort situated just outside of Luganville, the main town on the Espiritu Santo. It was dark when I arrived so my filming ideas went rather to pot. The smells and just the general feel of the place took me back to being in Fiji, I feel like I never left, just had an extended leave of absence. It's a wonderful part of the world to come back to.


It was a short boat trip from the beach to the boat, I really did get the sense of beginning something epic heading out towards Infinity. She's is certainly a lot bigger than I'd imagined. I have my own cabin, it's big and spacious and the guys here are supper friendly and helpful a great bunch of people I'm going get along with just fine.


I got a full tour of the boat from Zoe, from the bow to the stern. We then had some dinner which was very welcome, soup, garlic bread, fish and salad! I think this is something unique and special about Infiniity, that community feel. It's a really mixing pot of people and backgrounds all brought together in the passion for adventure and exploration. They're only a few of us on board now, although things may get busier later in the trip. I felt like right at home from the off and so welcome. We sat around chatting for a while afterwards. Then it was bed time for me I went out like a light! 


The Plan. 

The Kundu War Canoe festival begins on the 5th of November in Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea. We'll be in Vanuatu till the 20th of October and then we begin the 1000 mile voyage to Milne Bay! This is a slightly overwhelming thought but something I'll just have to get used to as an adventure in itself. I can't help but think that's why I came in the first place. We have a couple of dives here in Vanuatu booked for the weekend which I'm excited about, the wreck of the USS Coolidge and Million Dollar Point. 

It's great, I'm glad I'm here and extra blessed that my bag made it when I did too! 

More coming soon! 

P.S 

Got a question? Tweet @thedivelog101 and I'll try and get back to you ASAP. The internet situation isn't great, luckily the Beachfront Resort are welcoming to those anchored in the bay use the wifi for free! Communication will stop when we're sailing, but I'll be writing and filming in the meantime and will respond to your tweets when we're hooked back up to the World Wide Web!

No comments:

Post a Comment